Terms and Conditions
- “ZIC”, “we”, “us” and “our” means [New World Motors Limited trading as ZIC]
- “website” means www.zic.co.nz
- “you” means any user of the website
Terms and conditions
ZIC (or its licensors and suppliers) owns all proprietary and intellectual property rights in this website.
Except with ZIC’s prior written approval, you are prohibited from reproducing, transmitting or distributing in whole or in part, or in any medium or form, any content on the website, other you’re your own material.
You agree that any communication or material you transmit to this website or to ZIC will not be treated as confidential or proprietary. Further, you agree that any ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, designs, plans, charts, drawings, photographs, video or other materials you transmit to ZIC through this website may be used by ZIC without restriction.
You may purchase our products and services online through the ZIC website (www.zic.co.nz).
Security: Any payments made via our website will be securely transmitted to a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) payments page where you will be prompted to enter your credit card details. We use the solution PX Pay by DPS to process all online orders in an SSL secure environment. When DPS transmits sensitive information (such as a credit card numbers), DPS protects it through the use of encryption, such as the SSL protocol. Credit card details stored onsite are encrypted using 168bit 3DES encryption. DPS is a level 1 certified PCI-DSS compliant provider.
Price: All transactions will be in NZD and GST inclusive unless stated otherwise. If you are a trade customer, your prices will be GST exclusive.
Order cancellation: ZIC may cancel orders, without any liability to you, at any stage of the purchase or delivery process if ZIC suspects fraudulent activity.
ZIC will not accept returns or provide refunds of goods or services purchased from ZIC, except in accordance with its obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act. If you have any questions or query any transactions made through the website please contact ZIC by phone: 0800 ZIC OIL (0800 942 645) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Trade for Trade accounts
If you establish a Trade account with us, any business you complete through this website will be covered by our standard Terms of Trade, unless you have specifically negotiated different Terms in writing with New World Motors Limited. Specifically, purchasing through a Trade account means that you acknowledge that you are purchasing for a business, and the Consumer Guarantees Act will therefore not apply.
By logging in to a trade account, you represent that you have been authorised by the owner of the account to purchase on behalf of the business, and the business will be liable for all orders placed on using its account.
In order to use the check out with purchase order functionality on this site, you must have applied for credit terms with New World Motors Limited. Credit is extended at the sole discretion of New World Motors and can be terminated at any point in time for any reason.
The Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, the Fair Trading Act 1986 and other statutes may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon ZIC which cannot by law (or which can only to a limited extent by law) be excluded or modified. In respect of any such implied warranties, conditions or terms imposed on ZIC, ZIC’s liability shall, where it is allowed, be excluded or if not able to be excluded only apply to the minimum extent required by the relevant statute.
Except as otherwise provided by these Terms and Conditions, ZIC shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever arising from your use of this website and the provision of goods or services by ZIC to you, including consequential loss whether suffered or incurred by you or another person and whether in contract or tort (including negligence) or otherwise and irrespective of whether such loss or damage arises directly or indirectly from your use of this website or the provision of the goods or services to you.
While ZIC makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all material on this website is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and ZIC makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy.
Any and all information contained on this website, including but not limited to information regarding engine oil and lubricant services, applies only to those engine oil and lubricant services provided or offered within New Zealand by New World Motors Ltd t/a ZIC.
Although this website may be linked to other websites, ZIC is not, directly or indirectly, implying any approval, association, sponsorship, endorsement, or affiliation with the linked website, unless specifically stated.
By entering any competition or promotion by ZIC on our Facebook page you accept and understand the following terms and conditions:
Only New Zealand residents are eligible to enter and you have also liked the ZIC Lubricants NZ Facebook page to ensure your entry is valid. Entries close on the published time and date of the competition or promotion. You also understand this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
Fieldays Bathurst Competition
By entering this ZIC Fieldays Promo (“Promotion”) and by accepting a Prize, you agree to these terms and conditions.
1. The Promotion will run from 22 May 2017 to 18th June 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
2. The Promotion will consist of one draw at the end of the promotion period.
3. Entries for the draw open and close at the discretion of ZIC and will be denoted by a Facebook post announcing the winner(s).
4. To enter the Promotion and have the chance to win the Prize, you must:
a) Enter your details on Facebook or visit ZIC at Fieldays and give your business card to a ZIC representative and
b) be a New Zealand resident, currently living in New Zealand.
c) have passport valid for six months after October 2017
5. The Competition is not open to employees of New World Motors New Zealand Limited and their families, its subsidiaries, agents and affiliates.
6. No Prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
7. Only one entry per person.
8. The first valid entry randomly drawn will win the Prize.
9. The Prize winner(s) will be notified using the contact details provided on the entry form.
10. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. The Prize involves flights, accommodation and other benefits based on the dates of the event (Bathurst). If the event moves New World Motors will change the flights and accommodation based on new dates.
1. The Promoter is New Worlds Motors New Zealand Limited (“Promoter”).
2. The Promoter reserves the right to extend, postpone or cancel the Promotion and to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to withhold the award of any Prize if the Promoter suspects that there has been a security breach within the ZIC Fieldays Bathurst Promo Prize application or any program used to conduct the Promotion or an entrant has hacked or otherwise improperly accessed the application or website in order to win the Prize.
4. If you accept the Prize, you are responsible, at your own cost, for obtaining all necessary insurances and any other thing necessary to benefit from the Prize, including all applicable taxes related to accepting the Prize.
5. You agree that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. To the extent permitted by law, you release and discharge Facebook from any and all liability for all risks, claims, or actions of any kind whatever and however occurring, which may arise at any time from or in connection with this Promotion.
6. All Promotion entries become the property of the Promoter.
7. You agree that, if you are a Prize winner, your name and photograph may be used for publicity purposes in all media by the Promoter, without remuneration, and you agree that you must make yourself available for this purpose.
8. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and any other person or party associated with this Promotion, shall not be liable to you in respect of any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, but not limited to, any direct, indirect, and/or consequential loss or damage), including personal injury suffered as a result of, or arising in connection with, the Promotion or winning (or not winning) a Prize.
9. By entering the Promotion you agree to receive further information regarding New World Motors New Zealand Limited about its products, services, and other offerings (including by electronic message, including email and text message) using the contact details provided by you.